Friday, September 14, 2012

SUPER LATE POST (wrap up SUNDAY)

I should have posted this article on the  night of July 29th, yet I wasn't able to do so due to laziness (the LAZYness in me). Yeah, it was Sunday by the way and the weather is all WET. I'm pretty sure most of us (especially me!) would just love to hit the sack early and cuddle up.
Sunday was very busy for me and my family. Bad weather didn't hinder us from fulfilling our list of activities scheduled for the day. I was still sleepy but I forced myself to get up or else they would just leave without me. My brother-in law suggested that we attend mass at Barasoain Church in Malolos Bulacan. I was excited mainly for two reasons: first, we got to travel for an hour or so since Bulacan is a bit long drive from our house and secondly, I get to hear mass in that church for the first time! I know most of us had heard of Barasoain church. This famous structure was considered the most important religious building in the Philippines( might as well review our very own Philippine history). We arrive there past 7 a.m. and the mass has started. While hearing the mass, I can't help but marveled the famous structure for its grandiosity. It's not as huge as that of other churches but one can really be in awe of its magnificent sight. After the mass, we took pictures outside the church.
Barasoain Church
 Since we left home without breakfast I assumed that we would just grab a bite somewhere else (crossing my fingers that it wouldn't be fast food chain again-not that I hate Jollibee or McDonalds but puhhleasseee spare this day!). We traveled thru Mc Arthur Highway and to my surprise we stopped not at a fast food chain but on a Palabok house somewhere along the way. It's not a fancy restaurant or something but the place is neat and clean. It is called Pat Special Palabok Foodhaus. My brother-in law told us that this food house is famous in Bulacan because they serve the best Palabok in the area. That remains to be seen I said to myself. I really am not fond of Palabok anyways, but so far the rice flour noodles was so delicious that I wanted to have some more. Oh by the way, Palabok is  a Filipino rice noodle dish topped with orange sauce together with eggs, chicharon, squid and more. It is like pansit only with orange sauce but its not spaghetti though. I remember eating palabok way back my high school years but its noodles are too thin but this one has huge round noodles. I disliked palabok then because of its smell but now I'm loving it. They only not serve palabok but also other dishes. They even serve lugaw, lomi, pansit and other Filipino delicacies as well. What is more interesting in this place is that they serve their food at a very affordable price. Imagine a medium plate of palabok for only 25 pesos?Isn't it affordable? Their prices are so maka MASA that your 7 pesos can buy you a bowl of lugaw already. We left the place satiated especially myself. We even brought some of their delicacies especially the puto topped with itlog na maalat(salted duck egg).

It was still raining when we started to hit the road again.This time around, my niece requested for a toy and so we hit the mall right after the sumptuous breakfast. I'm not a fan of window shopping and I seldom went to malls not if it's important. After buying the toy that Yahna wanted we started looking for a place to dine in for lunch. Oh boy! How I love this day!Food!Food!and lots of food! Well, they decided to try Bacolod Chicken Inasal. It's not that I'm biased or what but then I kindda hate the food that they served. I was expecting of something far more tastier than that of Mang Inasal's chicken and it turns out that the later one taste much better than that of BCI. And one more thing, their food was expensive it's not really worth it. Since I'm not paying for our lunch I have no choice but to remain silent until the meal was over.(bwahaha!)

The day is almost over. We went home right after our lunch. Drop off my mother and niece and then started to hit the road again deciding where to watch "The Dark Knight Rises". The almost 3 hour movie was great. I won't write my review about the movie in this post for it may take another paragraph or two to compose it.(In short, kapoy nako..hehehe)

Ended the day with a smile like this ('__________'). Looking forward to spending more Sundays with the family. More food. More adventure. More fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment